Before Sept. 4, 2009, go to the following web page: http://panelpicker.sxsw.com. (If you cannot get to it until the 5th, 6th, or 7th, you might still try. Last year, at the last moment, they extended the voting through the weekend.)
For those who have a Panel Picker account already (such as those who voted last year):
Try signing in. (If you already have an account, you will not be able to start from scratch and create another account that uses the same email address.) To sign in:
1. In the upper-right-hand corner of the above-linked page, there is a link labeled "Sign In." Click on it.
2. Enter your email address and password where prompted and click the "Sign In" button.
If you cannot remember your password, no problem: click on the "forget your password?" link directly under the "Sign In" button. That will generate an email being sent to you. When that "Reset your Panel Picker password" email arrives, open it and click on the link it provides. That link will send you to a page where you can create a new password, and once you submit the new password you will be signed in and ready to vote.
3. Skip to Step 4, below.
For those who do not have a Panel Picker account yet:
You must create an account before you can vote. It's easy. To do so:
1. Directly under the "SXSW 2010 Panel Picker" banner at the top of the above-linked page, there is a link labeled "Create an account." Click on it.
2. Fill out the form - at least the five required, red-starred blanks, including your email address. Doing so will not put you on any mailing lists. The email address is used here only in order to deter people from voting multiple times. It serves as one's username for voting on proposals, making possible the rest of the steps in these instructions. You can leave the URL field blank, and you need not check any of the boxes at the bottom of the form. (Voting is not restricted to potential festival attendees.)
Finally, provide the anti-spam word verification ("re-captcha"). Then click the "Sign me up!" button.
3. That will generate an email being sent to you. When that "Welcome to the Panel Picker" email arrives, open it and click on the link it provides. You are now signed up, signed in, and ready to vote.
To view and vote, once you have successfully signed in:
4. To view and then vote for the presentation entitled, "Broadscopingsm, Venture Mappingsm, and Situation Mappingsm Methods: Immediate Applications," go here.
To view and tne vote for the presentation entitled, "Self and Interdependency in the Age of Overwhelm," go here.
5. Directly under the proposal's title, you will see "Your vote:" followed by a "thumbs up" icon and a "thumbs down" icon. Click the "thumbs up" icon to vote for the presentation to be included in next year's festival. The icon will turn green after you have clicked it, indicating that you have cast a "thumbs up" vote.
6. You may also leave a comment, if you feel so moved. Scroll to the bottom of the proposal text (to the top of the comment section), and you will see a box for entering a comment. When you have finished typing and proofing your comment, click the "Add Comment" button.
7. You are encouraged to browse the many other panel proposals, if you feel so moved. At the bottom of a proposal's text is the list of its subject categories. If you go to the top of any Panel Picker page and click on the "Search options" link (to the right of the search box under the "SXSW 2010 Panel Picker" banner), a search form will appear. If you then select a category and click the "Search panels" button, you will get a list of all the proposals in that category.